As a SEO Specialist at Hypelocal, you will be required to be our resident website mechanic. You will be tasked with getting under the hood of client websites to assess and benchmark performance, then leverage your skill set and our SEO tools to turn wrenches and make the necessary improvements for the optimal performance on the SERPs. If you are a detail-oriented individual with a deep tactical skillset, and proven track record, then we’re looking for you. Here are further details on the position.
- Hypelocal is a performance-first, results-oriented marketing agency that specializes in strategic marketing evolutions. We build tactical frameworks for clients, execute on the strategy, then provide ongoing services to clients as they grow and scale.
- Hypelocal is based in Canada, but our team works entirely remote.
- We serve clients across a breadth of industries and settings, from local businesses, to enterprise SaaS. Diversity of experience is, therefore, an asset.
- Hypelocal is growing fast. If you have long-term goals of advancement and leadership, then there will be boundless opportunity for you at Hype.
- Work directly with the Head of Content Marketing and other project managers to coordinate and fulfill various SEO-related work for client accounts.
- Design client facing strategies for technical, on-page, and off-page SEO.
- Address technical SEO-related issues and make necessary fixes on client websites to pass Core Web Vitals assessments, improve page speed, meet on-page keyword needs, and more.
- Complete on-page optimizations across client sites.
- Be able to create keyword-focussed content, or work with Hype’s Performance Copywriter to craft content that is fully on-page optimized.
- Acquire high-quality backlinks using various white hat backlink building activities.
- Build, edit, and modify internal and external linking structures.
- Confidently utilize and collaborate with the Hypelocal team across our core tech stack, being ProofHub, Slack, Google Workspace, and HubSpot.
- Willingness to take evening calls/meetings, if necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing successful SEO campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as marketing or information technology, is considered an asset.
- Deep understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methodology.
- Skilled with various Google assets, such as Analytics and Search Console.
- Skilled at using SEO tools, such as Ahrefs and SEMrush to analyze websites, implement SEO fixes, and conduct client-specific keyword research.
- Experience working on WordPress sites. Experience using other content management systems and website builders, such as Wix, Kajabi, and LearnWorlds is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to create compelling proof-of-performance reports.